Saturday, December 04, 2004

Verdict: One for my baby

"Its funny. You love something and then one day it's suddenly gone or changed or lost forever. But somehow that doesn't stop your love. Maybe that's how you know it's the real thing. When it doesn't come with conditions and get-out clauses, when it doesn't have a best-by date. When you just give your love and never stop giving it, and know that you never will. That's when it is real. That's when they can never touch it or spoil it or take it away from you." - Tony Parson
Tony Parson's "One for my baby" validates my belief about love - Let your love be stronger than your hate and anger. Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than to break. In short, love like you have never been hurt coz its not what you lose when a relationship/friendship is over, its what you gained while you had it (a similar concept to the half full, half empty glass theory). I am currently reading his "Man and Wife". Let you in on the verdict soon.

Talking about compromise, sometimes we are so prone to accusing others of causing injustice to us that we fail to look at ourselves in the mirror and ask ourselves did we acted against our conscience or against our professional code of conduct to be treated in an unfavourable manner. Yes, its human nature to always point an accusing finger at others. Someone say "only the insecure would" (well, to hide their insecurities of course!).

I learnt that the strong ones do not go about feeling bitter about the small stuff (remember, don't sweat the small stuff?) but look at the big picture and reflect on how we can contribute to make things better instead of falling into the anger or apathy trap. I guess it takes maturity and not everyone grow and learn at the same pace (how true!).

But the funny thing is, through all these tribulations of late (its manageable, Alhamdulillah), I learnt who I can trust, who are ever willing to protect me and that matters alot to me (I feel really blessed - thanks guys - you know who you are). I learnt that when you stay close to Allah, Allah will stay close to you and whatever that happens in life, it was planned by the Almighty (there's a reason for everything) to bring me closer to my faith and I am ever grateful for that test (it shows I am still loved, Subhan Allah!)...

No comments: